Wednesday, July 7, 2010

InDependance


Independance day in Idaho. Let's just say I wasn't the most ecstatic about celebrating it here, especially being born and raised in the D.C. area, i'm sort of a July 4th snob. I still think nothing compares to fireworks in the capital mall, but it didn't stop me from having a BLAST here!!Friday we started out with a bonfire at the sand dunes, and I would've taken pictures if it wasn't for all of the sand and stuff...
But we roasted some weenies, made some s'mores and I ate a chicken heart!!! I know I know, it sounds nasty, but to be honest I've had worse! It was all fun and games until Jordan lost his keys right before we left. We ended up having to spread out and crawl up the side of the dune feeling in vain for his car keys. Turns out, they were right next to his car all along! So we headed home bogged down with sand and tired eyes, ready for saturday!
Chad won my vote for most patriotic. From his LG jersey right down to his american flag flops

Saturday Brooke and I walked in the Rexburg town parade and handed out chocolate milk! It
was super fun and I really gained an appreciation for cute little small towns like rexy!

Got Milk?
We also made the treck to Idaho Falls to see the fireworks! We packed up our lunches and
staked out our spot on the lawn right across from the temple.

Whitney and me posing in front of the beautiful Idaho Falls Temple

In the hours that followed before the fireworks went off, some of the people in the group set
up a legit hopscotch design including spinning in a circle, doing the worm, and saying the
pledge.

Just a fraction of our awesome group!

The weather was perfect and the fireworks were beautiful!
Sunday was just a day to relax and I might or might not have taken a 3 hour nap... and I made those yummy crepes!
Monday was our day off and I went down to Rigby Lake with Kelsie, Jenny, Terra, Jordan, Matt, and some others. I have been craving a day in the water by the sand for who knows how long!
Aburie and I in with my Witch's Castle and the b-e-a-utiful lake in the background!

We played some soccer and volleyball, went on the swings (I even got an underdog!) and went on the playground! Oh, to be a child again!
We successfully completed a human pyramid!!

The water was freezing, but what's worse is my SUNBURN. I forgot to put it on my back and on my left leg... yeah only me...

0 comments: