Sunday, June 19, 2011

For my Dad...

Today is father's day and I just wanted to say a few things about my dad.
I know I did a post about him a few months ago, but I just wanted to reiterate how incredible he really is.
For those of you who don't know my dad Greg, you're really missing out. He's like the definition of cool- even though he still wears jeans he bought in the early 90's. He's got a great laugh and honestly, he's a stud no matter how much hair he does (or doesn't) have. He's the greatest guy who will do anything for his kids. He is a packing pro and doesn't complain too much when I overpack for everything (which happens basically every time I go to school or go on vacation). He is a fan of fine dining, such as Chipotle, 7-11, Ricky's Rico Bowl, and Golden Corral. He's even a cook on Sundays! His delicacies include Schwann's Man pizza, tortelini, ribs, ramen noodles, burgers, and BBQ chicken. He is a multi-talented guy!

What a cute couple they make!!!
Not only is he a great chef and good eater, he's also amazing at sports. In high school he played soccer and baseball. He's got all of this natural athletic ability that I wish I had, but really only Shayne inherited. He attends all of his kid's performances, be it plays/musicals or sports games. He even came to see me in Shakespeare's 12th Night- which was terrible, but he woke up whenever I came on stage


Chowing down on the birthday cake I made him last year
Just a few fun facts about my dad:
He taught me how to eat sunflower seeds
He'll only sing in the car and occasionally at home
He hates feet
He'll spend good money on his kid's clothes, but refuses to spend more than 20 bucks on anything for himself

I love this picture because it makes me think of how my parents might have acted when they were my age- so fun loving and care free
He likes to keep his foods totally separate
He used to blow up toilets with fire crackers
My mom gave him a pet ferret that he would carry around in his hood
When I was young, every week for family home evening, we watched a musical. We watched some Elvis ones, singing in the rain, and West side story.
He alphabetizes his CDs

Back when my dad had a full head of hair- but as he says "At least I'm not bald AND ugly!"


He's incredibly artistic- he helped me make the most amazing Bearenstain Bears diorama in elementary school
He LOVES watches
Like me, he goes into hibernation when he gets sick
He loves to go on rides around the country

0 comments: