Thursday, February 5, 2009

sitting, waiting, wishing


So I was thinking today about college and stuff, just as any other high school senior does when they're zoning out of who-knows-what during school hours. While i wasn't learning, I got to thinking about my choices for college, the situations I would be put in, and everything along those lines.  The college that I've always dreamed of attending is BYU. Not BYU Idaho or BYU Hawaii. Just the original BYU. This past year has been so stressful with just waiting for responses from colleges. It's honestly terrifying. Now I just can't focus on any work because all I do is worry. what if i don't get in? where am I going to go then? will i like it? what if my friends don't get in? how am I going to afford this? 

I have gotten into Snow college and BYUI, so 
at least I have some schools to fall back on, but I have no idea which one I will go to.
I think the most upsetting thing about me going to college somewhere across the country, is leaving my very best friend Elle. 

I know girls all have like "a thousand" best friends, I say it all the time. And I really do love all of my friends, but Elle is.. my person, i guess. We say we're attached at the hip because we never EVER leave each other's sides. We really get each other. We're practically t
he same person, and she has helped me grow soo much throughout high school. 
We both make insanely funny faces, we talk in ridiculous accents, we watch stupid movies, we laugh at the stupidest jokes, and have fun doing some pretty lame things. We love to read "air" books (have no substance) and we both do theatre.  there are more... but i just can't think of them on the spot.
unfortunately, well... it's actually great! but... sad. She was lucky and talented enough to get into the Tisch program at NYU for next year because sheis a phenomonal actor. The only bad thing is, we're going to be on opposite sides of the country for the majority of the next four years of our lives, at least. I don't think I'll be able to find a replacement for her in Utah or idaho... or even the whole country.
i'm just glad some genius invented Skype. It's the best program everrr!! you can video chat with anyone around the world!! it's going to be the basic means of communication between me and elle, and we can even make faces at each other through the computer!!!
college is going to be tough, but thank goodness for modern technology.
P.S. only 22 more days till i hear from BYU!!

0 comments: