Thursday, February 10, 2011

More more more

So my last blog post was in the middle of December... this is embarrassing.
Leave it to me to wait 2 months before I even consider updating. Sorry about that.
So what has gone on since I got home?
Christmas!!!!This year we had the christmas party at my Uncle Frankie and Aunt Nancy's BEAUTIFUL house that I plan on having my wedding reception at.
I got some great gifts from my family!! Rachael and John got me this book called True Prep. It's so funny and so me. They're so good at picking out presents!
I had a George Foreman grill on my wishlist, so Muzzie and Pawpa gave me this Cuisnart grill that has a grill AND a skillet side! Although I think my mom might steal it from me.
My parents bought me an America's Test Kitchen cookbook which I absolutely ADORE!
I got a bunch of other things as well but just a few Highlights!
NEW YEARS
My new years was a little bland. I babysat until 10, then met up with Maggie and Jayson to watch the ball drop. Jayson had just gotten his wisdom teeth out so he was still a little swollen and loopy, which made it a little entertaining!Speaking of babysitting... since I'm home until APRIL, I picked up 2 part time nanny jobs as well as one every Friday night. I've been so busy with that, but I have a feeling I'll make a great mom by the end of my break! (either that... or I won't ever want kids, which is very unlikely)
NEW YEARS BIRTHDAY LUNCH
My grandma decided to start a new tradition with the women in the family where she treats us all to a fancy lunch for our birthdays on new years day. This year we went to a place called Lightfoot Restaurant in historical Leesburg, VA. It actually used to be a bank, so there is a huge safe in the center where the bar is. Our waiter was so funny and all of the food was phenomenal! I have a feeling I'll be coming back there.Oh! and in case you didn't notice in the above picture, Rachie is super pregnant!!! She's due in early April. I can't wait to be an aunt!!!
DC
Bess and I made a trip to DC to head to the Holocaust museum. It was pretty cool! But when you have 2 women in the city, we obviously got lost... more than once. First we went about 3 blocks in the wrong direction after getting off the metro, then we wanted to catch these buses to get to Georgetown and we ended up on the wrong bus... twice. We finally got to Georgetown cupcake (AKA the happiest place on earth) and scarfed down (in the most ladylike way possible...) our adorable cupcakes.
Then we had to find Vineyard Vines, which took about 2 tries. We passed this one homeless guy with a foam VV whale hat about 3 times. It was mildly embarrassing.
Once we made it there, though, it was totally worth it :)
SUPERBOWL
Since I haven't had the chance to be around people my own age much since winter break ended, I decided to head on over to University of Maryland to visit the wonderful Kelly Jackson.
It was so fun to see her beautiful face and to live vicariously through her college experience. It's just so different from BYUI, and I don't blame her for loving school so much! I had an amazing time and can't wait to go visit again!

Well there you have it... just a couple of highlights from what's been happening in my life. I'll try to be a better blogger, I promise!!

0 comments: