Sunday, March 6, 2011

BRAT meet PRC

I never get sick. The last time I threw up (besides last summer's pita contest...) was probably somewhere around junior or senior year of high school. Well this weekend my long running record came to an abrupt stop.
I woke up Saturday morning to blue skies and nausea. I thought it would pass, but come noon when I had to get ready to go babysit, there was no way I was getting out of my bed. At first I thought it was food poisoning from Moby Dick since that's what came... well you get it. So naturally I have banned their gyros from my diet for a VERY long time.
As time passed, I felt worse and worse and just had to admit to myself that sometimes my immune system does falter, and no, I do not have superhuman flu-fighting powers.
They say when you're sick you should stick to the B.R.A.T. diet
My problem was that we only have healthy apple sauce (AKA no sugar added, granny smith gross), I hate bananas, and I really didn't feel like throwing up 1000 of something so rice was out of the question.
So how did I solve my problem? By creating my own sick diet with a feast of 2 rice cakes and Powerade- the breakfast/lunch/dinner of champions.

After a day of pain and suffering, I'm in recovery mode and still sticking to my sweet/salty diet.

0 comments: