Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

I've been on a mild craft kick lately, so while my friends are home for spring break, we always end up making something! (beats eating 24/7 right??)Bess and I headed over to Natalie's (aka the craft queen) house one night and made these adorable little masterpieces. Bess' is pink, mine is nautical. What I love about these buckets is that they are SO easy!! All you need is scrapbook paper, a tin bucket and some mod podge! And of course some cute ribbon. Just throw some tissue paper in there and a packaged cupcake- or maybe bath salts and lotion? if you're not into the whole baking thing... and it would make the cutest gift for someone!!
This was probably one of the proudest moments of my life. I never thought I would see the day that Elle did something cute and crafty- I just didn't think it was in her blood. Joking. We went to this adorable shop in Poolesville and got some plaque inspirations and ran to the nearest Michael's craft store to make one of our own. The quote says "Kiss me before I lose my glass slippers" which is fitting what with our disney princess obsession. I took this picture before the white border along the sides was added as a final touch. I think it would look super cute with a hanging ribbon bow on top to add an extra little something. It's a good thing my mom doesn't hold back at the ribbon outlet!!

0 comments: